Blog from the island of Samos

Greetings everyone!

I’ll see if I can do this today.  I've been working on some issues with adding pictures to my blogs, but I can do text!


I’ve been showing you all such beautiful photos from this island, Samos.  Now, here is my sea view from the hotel.  Tee Hee.  


There are a lot of places that are right on the water, but I am not in one of them. All I have to do is walk out of my hotel and I’m on the water in no time. I’m sending this for any of you who might think that I am being a total princess all the time (smile). You do save some money when your hotel is not directly on the water.

Well today, I found out that I could not rent a car without an international drivers’ license so I decided to walk. I’ll send you some photos from today’s walk - oh yeah, that is when I got half way and had a Diet Coke! I’ll send a few more from the walk.

The walk ended with me meeting a grandfather taking his grandson out on a stroll. He is Greek and named Michaeli and the grandson is Dimitri. There are so many non Greeks at this beach, so it was nice to meet a Greek. The hotel woman at front desk, asst. manager is Greek. Her name is Stamatia. I just gave her a copy of The Divine Spark. Some of her best friends are gay, so she is happy to receive the book. She struggled for the right word in English to describe some of the priests and others who do not believe in equality. The word she came up with was, “racist.”

Here are my pictures from my walk: