Coming Out in Seattle, Washington

Greetings! 

Robert and I arrived on Patmos Sunday. On Monday morning we drove around exploring. The first bay we investigated had a restaurant next to the water. We sat there for a while. I could not help but notice the only other couple at the whole restaurant.  Extroverted me had to say hi and introduce myself. 

It was unlikely that they would be another clergy couple, ha!  He was an Episcopal priest along with his wife. They were from Seattle and also on sabbatical on Patmos. Wow.  So I told him a little about my sabbatical focus. He then said and I am quoting the best I can...  
“Oh yes, the church where I am serving in Seattle has been doing same gender marriages for over 30 years. One of our daughters is gay. So, actually, being a member of the LGBTQ community is normal for us. In fact, when I was interviewing for this position, I was told that at the church the term ‘coming out’ does not mean revealing one’s sexual orientation.  In Seattle, and for his parishoners, coming out means that you tell someone at work that you go to church!”   
So, isn’t that something.