Ferry ride to Lesvos and more friends

Greetings all! 

 In a bit more than 24 hours, I can’t believe how many beautiful things have happened. I am still grateful that I have a cell phone. Next, the ferry ride included seeing land that was probably Turkey, but I do not know for sure. Also, a nice sunrise. Arriving onto the island of Lesvos went well. I had booked a rental car and it was very near the ferry terminal. Getting the car went well. Then I had to drive through a city of about 25,000 and the rental car people did not speak a lot of English. Mainly, the young man said, no problem. Well, then he hooked me up to WiFi and we did the google maps thing. So, with that little google map voice, I got through the city of Mytiline in the rental car, on the way to Eresos.

It was only about a 90 Kilometer drive. When I told a few Greeks where I was going they all said, “Really? That is a long way.” I thought to myself, when we drive to Duluth from Washburn it is about 70+ miles which is close to 90 Kilometer, so what is the fuss. Then I started this drive and realized that I was driving through desolate country for sure. Very barren as you see the photos.  (previous post) Then, at the end of this drive comes a beautiful village called Skala Eresos. Two towns. The town of Eresos is on the water. My hotel has a sea view. And right away, I met Noelle from Holland. We had lunch together and she was great. She came with a group of women travelers from Holland. I am including their schedule of events.... then last night I met Kate Emmerson from South Africa’s and she was GREAT. 


 

Today, I met more people who love this area. You see a photo of Noelle and me- and lastly a photo of Niki and Liza. They are partners and wanted a copy of my book. Noelle did too. They are all interested. Evidently Eresos is called by some, “The capital of the world for lesbian women.” the energy here is on of joy and inclusivity and I can feel it. Niki and Liza and I met while on my morning walk. I told them about The Divine Spark. They wanted a copy. We missed each other until tonight. They came to my hotel and that is where we took the photo. 

  
Funny stories abound.. Niki said that as a younger person she heard Billy Graham when he came to England and she loved him. She knows in her heart that all people are loved and equal to God, so she finds the good in Billy Graham and does not take it in, if he thought gay people need to confess their sin. As a couple, these two are here vacationing.

Oh, and in the middle of the afternoon I met Babs. Babs has agreed for me to video her when Jodi and Lynn come. Babs was in the English military. It was illegal to be gay in the English military. Babs had to keep herself undercover. She saw people who were outed and then kicked out of military. Babs is writing a book and was happy to receive The Divine Spark.

This place is filled with interesting people. Oh, and also, I met three women from France. Lovely lovely ladies. So, all I can say is...

Thank you Mary, for publishing this blog for me. Mary is working to help me get back to where I did it myself. There is a little blog glitch, so I send Mary an email and photos and she puts it all together. She asked me to tell more about those three Greek policemen, as to “What is this photo about?” And she was right. It was a great story, eh?

Love and thanks for being with me on this journey,

Nancy