New blog from Early Friday morning walk

After a good night of sleep, I got up early and decided to walk around the town and see if I could catch the sunrise. I also had some quiet time and read some great verses on love which I also hope to blog about. But, while sitting near the water, I heard two cats fighting and felt so worried that one cat was hurt and bloody. But, what could I do? 

Well my curiosity got the best of me and I walked to the scene of where I heard the cats screaming. It had all calmed down, but near this area was a fisherman named Anastasio. His wife is from England. He is Greek, but spoke some English so I got to learn a few things from him. He said that the cats have territories. He thought the fight was about a cat who came from another area came over here to pick a fight. 



As a fisherman, he went out already this morning at 3:00 am and he was picking the fish out of his net. When he has little tiny fish, he throws them to the cats, so he has a routine. The cats know and they are thrilled to get a tiny fish. When one cat gets the little fish, the cat is VERY protective of her food and the other cats know it. Even when they all had already eaten at least one little fish, they wanted more... I said to Anastasio, “You are quite a good friend to the cats!” Then he said, “Not just the cats.” I said, “What do you mean?” He looked up high and pointed to a sea gull. That is Lucky. See.... Then Anastasio threw a little fish into the water and yelled out “Here Lucky!” The sea gull flew directly down from his perch and dived into the water to get the fish. 




So, I had fun talking with a local Greek fisherman. Which is a good thing since this place has so many people who are from other countries. There is a group of 20+ women travelers from Holland here. And I am having dinner tonight with a lovely woman from South Africa, Kate. And then there are the English women. And, Oh yeah, yesterday at the beach I met three ladies who are all French. They were lovely too. Of the three, one just turned 60 years old like me. She was born and went to college in Boston but learned languages early in her career and started a language training company. Now at age 60, she has perhaps done rather well as a business owner. She just bought a home here in Eresos. She now lives in Paris. CRAZY. Isn’t it? Wow. One more story before i have my 9;00 am breakfast....